Sunday, May 3, 2009

Emotional Design

I was right about the fact that all Don Norman books are the same. Sure he's changing his entire perspective on everything about design, but this book reeks of Norman from cover to cover. His repeated examples and restating of everything twice makes sure that you don't forget what you're reading or who wrote it. This book was obviously liked more by the class and it is better than the previous 2. Though I think the book may just look good in comparison to the other 2 we were required to read. In all fairness Norman does comment on some interesting ideas about designing with emotion in mind rather than his previous obsession with behavioral design. It is just hard to take the man seriously when he pulls such a 180 from book to book even though he proclaims everything he states as pure undeniable fact. I believe my annoyance with the man clouds my judgment of his books, so it might be a good idea to go back and read this one later whenever I've forgotten about how much I can't stand reading this guy's literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment